The upcoming discussion will update you about the difference between guidance and counselling.
Difference # Guidance:
1. Guidance is a process of helping young person’s learn to adjust to self, to others and to circumstances.
2. Guidance is a wider process.
3. Guidance includes counselling.
4. Guidance may be individual as well as in group.
5. Guidance techniques are of two types:
(1) Individual Guidance technique.
(2) Group Guidance technique.
6. Guidance is related with Personal, Educational, Vocational and other problems.
7. Guidance can be given by any person. Training is not required for Guidance Psychologist.
8. Guidance may be provided through magazines, books and correspondence also.
Difference # Counselling:
1. Counselling means consultation, mutual interchanging of options deliberating together.
2. Counselling has narrower meaning.
3. Counselling is a part of Guidance.
4. Counselling is individual.
5. Counselling techniques are of three types:
(1) Directive counselling
(2) Non-directive counselling
(3) Elective counselling technique.
6. Counselling is mainly related with Mental health and Emotional problems.
7. Pre-training is must for counsellor.
8. In counselling mutual discussion, consultation and interchange of opinions play a significant role.